TOP 200 CHURCH BLOGS
as of March 26, 2011
- Alexa Rank
Alexa’s traffic rankings are based on the usage patterns of Alexa Toolbar users and data collected from other, diverse sources over a rolling 3 month period. A site’s ranking is based on a combined measure of reach and pageviews. Reach is determined by the number of unique Alexa users who visit a site on a given day. Pageviews are the total number of Alexa user URL requests for a site. However, multiple requests for the same URL on the same day by the same user are counted as a single pageview. The site with the highest combination of users and pageviews is ranked #1.
- Compete Visitors
The number of unique visitors that visited the website in August 2010 according to Compete.
- Google PageRank
PageRank relies on the uniquely democratic nature of the web by using its vast link structure as an indicator of an individual page’s value. In essence, Google interprets a link from page A to page B as a vote, by page A, for page B. But, Google looks at more than the sheer volume of votes, or links a page receives; it also analyzes the page that casts the vote. Votes cast by pages that are themselves “important” weigh more heavily and help to make other pages “important.”
- Google Reader Subscribers
The number of Google Reader users that subscribe to each blog. Note: this is not total RSS subscribers but rather how many Google Reader users subscribe to each blog.
- Yahoo Inlinks
The number of links going to a blog’s entire site but excluding all self-linking links.
HOW THE LIST IS COMPUTED
- Several hundred blogs are reviewed in a preliminary screening to determine if their statistics are competitive enough to be ranked.
- 245 blogs are selected to be ranked.
- Data is collected for each blog from all 5 measured criteria (i.e., Alexa Rank, Compete Visitors, Google PageRank, Google Reader Subscribers, and Yahoo Inlinks).
- For each of the 5 measured criteria, each blog is ranked in comparison to all other blogs being evaluated.
- A composite rank for each blog is determined by averaging each blogs ranking from the 5 measured criteria.
- The top 200 blogs are published.